[PLUG] Font size in Sylpheed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 3 06:26:02 UTC 2003

On 2 Feb 2003, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:

> You may want to change the resolution of your screen.  That is probably
> easier.  You could program you monitor on various resolutions and your
> fiance can change the resolution on the screen when she wants to read
> email.

Ken,

  Thanks for mentioning this as it brings up a problem I had forgotten: I
cannot change the display resolution on that workstation. In
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4's display section it shows the resolutions as:

Subsection "Display"
                Depth       24
                Modes       "1024x768" "800x600"
        EndSubsection

but, pressing ctrl-alt-- and ctrl-alt-+ have no effect other than to make
the displays briefly flash. I'm not sure that I know how to figure out what
broke there.

Thanks,