[PLUG] broadbrand advice

Timothy Grant tjg at craigelachie.org
Mon Feb 3 12:12:02 UTC 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 09:04 am, Scott Van Hoosen wrote:
> happening often, I would switch to DSL because I like
> to run a web server, and to log in remotely through
> ssh, etc, and would want a static IP.

Scott,

I'm an AT&T customer, and I run my own mail server (using the rationale that
the bandwidth is the same to AT&T whether I host my mail in my basement, or
go out to another mail-server somewhere to get it).

However, I haven't had the nerve to put up a webserver, as I can't rationalize
that violation of the TOS (that's not a moral determination, it's just a lame
defense if I should ever be asked about it).

That said, I desperately want to run my own website on my own server in my own
basement. Have you ever been questioned or had any flags raised over this
technical violation of the AT&T TOS?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.