[PLUG] Desperate situation-> Quick time videos in Linux?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Feb 3 14:29:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 13:51, Alex Daniloff wrote:
> Hello Linux folkz,
> It's the first time I hit the wall with Linux.
> My wife desperately needs to watch educational videos
> from a medical web site as a part of her preparation
> to medical board exam.
> Unfortunately these med. videos made in QuickTime
> format and can't be downloaded as files.
> Mozilla on Linux doesn't have any QuickTime plugins.
> They're available only for Winblows and Macs.
> Should I just give up and pay big bucks to to install
> Windoze on one of my computers or there is another
> way to deal with this obstacle?
> Could somebody please advise any other method to resolve
> this problem?

Crossover may be the easiest option, but mplayer can play QT videos now
and you can use plugger with NS/Moz (I've never really liked plugger,
but it might just be what you need in this situation.)

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *