[PLUG] Desperate situation-> Quick time videos in Linux?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Feb 3 14:49:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 14:44, Robbert van Andel wrote:
> mplayer is a bear to install.  I tried on several occasions and got
> thoroughly confused by the poor installation documentation and had to
> give up.  I've been lucky enough not to need any QT or WMV file
> support.  I've heard good things about CodeWeavers crossover software.

I haven't built it in a while (I've got 0.90-pre4) but I managed it
build it even with the "unsupported" Red Hat 2.96 gcc.  IIRC, I had to
read the Makefile to figure out the correct answer to make it build with
that gcc.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *