[PLUG] Dealing with security

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Feb 4 14:28:01 UTC 2003

At 01:38 PM 2/4/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Yes it was Unix but the terminals were hardwired to the system. Later on
>I saw things like terminal servers that we dialed into and that let us
>go to whatever system we specified. That was done with a network in
>place since many of the systems were in different buildings etc.

So what's the difference between a hard wired system, and one that you dial
into? You connect through a serial port in both instances. The only
difference I see is that you have a telephone company in the middle of the
wire.

I am, of course, speaking logically, not physically.

Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online
http://www.dimstar.net

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #4 (Collect all 18)
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful." - Annette Funicello