[PLUG] Email counter needed

Abraham Zwygart ziggy at anodizing.com
Wed Feb 5 08:37:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,
It has been requested by powers on high to find out the following email
counts and size:
    received from out side
    received internal
    sent to out side
    sent internal
The only command that I have found is 'mailstats'
This program seems to reset the counters every time you run it?
The following is a copy of the output
Statistics from Wed Feb  5 00:00:01 2003
 M   msgsfr  bytes_from   msgsto    bytes_to  msgsrej msgsdis  Mailer
 4      1066    39645K       415       29068K      135       7  esmtp
 8       686      60987K     1610      94769K        17       0  local

Am I correct that the mail box generated 686 messages?  Why?  I get
about 6 cron email's a week and that should be all.

We have a RH 8.0 pop3 system.  Any idea's on how to gather the above
information?