[PLUG] anybody using this?

Chuck Mize cmize at goiter.com
Sat Feb 8 12:05:02 UTC 2003

On Saturday 08 February 2003 11:47, Steven Raymond wrote:

> That reminds me of another SpamCop question.  I paid their $25 for a
> "reporting" account, which gives me 25MB of spams for them to process (I
> report the few spams I still get dutifully).  It isn't clear to me if/how
> this contributes to the blacklist.  Do they take the combined complaints
> against a mail server, and after a threshold add it to the blacklist?  Or
> did that just get me only the "reporting" service?  Quite frankly, I don't
> much care if the network admins get notified about their spammers, I'm
> quite sure they don't care.  I just want to help feed the blacklist.  It
> seems that querying their blacklist server via Postfix is free.  That's
> where I would like my money to go- perhaps it did when I sent the $25.
>
> Interested to hear other's results in blocking spam.

Whenever you report spam to Spamcop the IP addresses from the spam are used to
make up the Spamcop DNSBL. After a certain number complaints about a
particular IP it's added to the list and then drops off in something like
seven days unless there are more complaints.

I'm getting about the same results as you--the Spamcop list is responsible for
70-80 percent of my spam rejects.