[PLUG] anybody using this?

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Sat Feb 8 12:58:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 11:47, Steven Raymond wrote:

> So my questions are- why aren't the blacklists used by Postfix & it's
> other tools used more commonly?  Or is it simply the fact that my measly
> 497 messages per week volume is much smaller than most folk's (including
> less spam)?  Is it simply that most people don't run their own mail
> server?

My results are a little interesting, although similar. I too was getting
20+ spams daily before I turned on the blacklists on my mail server. My
server is processing roughly 700 messages a day, about 2 get through a
month and the last 2 day report was 1428 processed and 38 blocked - and
I received no spam in my inboxes. What makes these numbers interesting
is that the number of messages processed has increased 2 fold within
that year and the number of spam messages are slowly decreasing. It's
near impossible to tell if the ineffectiveness of spam on this domain is
making an impact on the amount of attempts - it quite possible may be
coincidental or a picture of that industry as a whole.

I'm using rblsmtpd with Spamcop, dsbl.org and ordb.org. I have used
rblsmtpd in sendmail and qmail with good results.