[PLUG] Knoppix (Linux on CD) troubles

Susan Strayer susan_strayer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 10:54:02 UTC 2003

I was dazzled and amazed at David Mandel's demonstration of
Knoppix/Linux on CD in January, and have tried to similarly dazzle and
amaze colleagues of mine - without similar success.

I have a copy of KNOPPIX_V3.1-2003-01-20-EN.iso that I copied onto a CD,
but it's not booting.  When I've pulled the hard drive from my laptop,
to make sure that it's not booting Windows from the hard drive, my
laptop seems to see the CD, but reports "Operating System not found".
I've read all the FAQ's I can from the Knoppix site, but can't see what
I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Susan