[PLUG] Knoppix (Linux on CD) troubles

John Hampton John.Hampton at gijoes.com
Mon Feb 10 11:34:02 UTC 2003

Susan Strayer said:
>"copied onto CD" means that we used HP RecordNow in Windows and hit the
>"Make a Data Disc" button to copy the .iso file onto a CD.  It seemed to
>compare well with the "how to burn a CD in Windows" I saw in one of the
>Knoppix FAQs.  I think it's the Windows equivalent of the "cdrecord"
>command you gave me.  I also checked the file size of the .iso file
>against the original mirror on the source site, and it matched.

I've never used HP RecordNow, but I'm guessing that "Make a Data Disc" is not the option that you wanted.  Usually the option that you want is something like, "Create CD from disk image".  The difference being that "Make a Data Disk" probably just copies the ISO onto the CD as one file.  Where as the "Create CD from disk image" creates the file system on the CD as described in the ISO image.  HTH.

John Hampton
Programmer Analyst
G.I. Joe's, Inc.
john.hampton at gijoes.com