[PLUG] Make menuconfig and make dep on their own?

Marc marcm at dsl-only.net
Mon Feb 10 23:49:01 UTC 2003

On Mon 02/10/03  8:47, me at prestoncrawford.com wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting my TV Card working properly. Only another list,
> someone told me the following.

So did the modules option mentioned in an earlier thread (*) not work for you?

Marc

(*) Add to /etc/modules.conf:

    options bttv gpiomask=0x0f audiomux=14,0,0,0,0

It is likely you would need to reload the module with

    # rmmod bttv
    # insmod bttv gpiomask=0x0f audiomux=14,0,0,0,0
        Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/media/video/bttv.o

> --------------------------------------
> things like upgrading V4L/V4L2. If you want to upgrade bttv, you also
> need the kernel sources. IIRC, a kernel recompile is not necessary. Just
> "make menuconfig" and "make dep" should be enough.
>
> Now I may be ignorant to Linux, but aren't those commands part of the
> process of recompiling the kernel? Can they be run on their own?
>
> Preston

---end quoted text---

--
No sig here