[PLUG] Email Admin Help: Clarification

Gerardo Arnaez garnaez at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 07:34:02 UTC 2003

Thanks to everyone that responded.
I need to be more clear on what is needed and
expected.
I am helping a non-profit web/education hosting
company out here in astorias,  raintree.org.
1. They provide internet access to the community and
also are teaching computer skills to help people
improve their job skills.

2. They have at least two NT email servers that are
constantly dying, and need to be replaced by something
stable (at this point, we are going with debian).

3. Talking to the head guy, they can not offer any
pay. Everyone working their right now is voluntering.
This may change if a grant is approved.

4.  I/We dont expect a full-time admin.  We would want
someone to help setup the email servers and then hand
over the maintenance to me or someone here. We can
learn and have done a pretty good job of it, but feel
very uncomfortable about setting up email servers with
no prior experience, and these are production servers,
ie people rely on them.

5. The issue of which email server to install has not
been decided and if you decide to help, you would be
involved in this discussion. right now postfix or
qmail seems to be the alternatives.

6. I will be contacting everyone who has contacted me,
but I have to go to work. :)

Thanks for your time,