[PLUG] CanoScan N670U installation

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 15:35:02 UTC 2003

Here's where I am now: by giving a parameter with
modprobe scanner, I was able to get sane-find-scanner
to recognize the device as /dev/usb/scanner0.It still
could not be mounted as a block device, however.

Using cat /proc/bus/usb/devices, I found that the
driver was SUPPOSED to be usbscanner, wheich is
probably the source of the trouble. My /lib/modules
does not contain such a module; modprobe will not load
it.

Any ideas about how to fix that? My version of
sane-backends (1.0.8-5) is not the most recent.It is
an rpm, so if I upgrade it will have to be removed
with the nodeps option.Anyhow, I hate to give up when
things are starting to look promising.

--- Robert Kopp <iconoklastic at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I may almost have a scanner set up, but something
> isn't quite right. It's a USB scanner, as are most
> scanners sold today.
>
> The module was loaded manually with modprobe scanner
>
> According to cat /proc/bus/usb/devices, the kernel
> recognizes it
>
> I was told that the plustek.conf file was the one
> that
> should be configured for this scanner; I adapted it
> for automatic recognition of /dev/usb/scanner0

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."