[PLUG] Speaking of X

John Hampton John.Hampton at gijoes.com
Wed Feb 12 13:19:02 UTC 2003

Bill Spears said:
<much snippage of good stuff>
>After a few false starts, due to typos on my part, it is working. Is
>there some reason for turning Emulate3Buttons off? What's the difference
>between /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice?
>
>I had thought that since the physical connector was PS/2 that the port
>would also be. Doh!

All of the scroll mice that I have seen are actually 3 button mice.  The 3rd button being when you press down on the scroll wheel.  Because the scroll wheel is considered the 3rd button, you don't want to emulate it.  Also, my understanding of the "ZAxisMapping" line is that you are mapping buttons 4 and 5 to the Z axis.  Buttons 4 and 5 corresponding to a scroll up and scroll down of the scroll wheel.  so, in essence, X sees your mouse as being a 5 button mouse.

John Hampton
Programmer Analyst
G.I. Joe's, Inc.
john.hampton at gijoes.com