[PLUG] Speaking of X

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Wed Feb 12 13:39:02 UTC 2003

On 13 Feb 2003, Bill Spears wrote:

> After a few false starts, due to typos on my part, it is working. Is
> there some reason for turning Emulate3Buttons off? What's the
> difference between /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice?

John H. answered the question about Emulate3Buttons.

As for the /dev entries, /dev/psaux is the PS/2 port while
/dev/input/mice is part of the USB "human interface device" (HID)
support. If you've got a kernel tree lying around, take a peek at
the CONFIG_USB_HID section of Documentation/Configure.help.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>