Fwd: [PLUG] rackspace.com

Sean Whitney sean at fork.com
Thu Feb 13 00:47:01 UTC 2003

There was actually a very similar comment in the latest LJ.

Sean

Subject: [PLUG] rackspace.com
Date: 12 Feb 2003 10:37:13 -0800
From: Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org

For those of you maintaining your own email black lists
or RBLs, my customers and I have been getting a lot of
spam from IP addresses allocated to rackspace.com in Texas.
I recall discussion here of using rackspace as a
co-location facility. rackspace has no database available
to the outside world to identify the IP blocks of their
individual customers (the spammers) and they don't return
phone calls about the matter.

As a result, we just blocked their 65.61.128.0/18
allocation entirely. They have other allocations and we'll
block them as well as we receive spam from them. If you use
IP addresses from their allocation, let me know what they
are and I'll white list them.

Ed