[PLUG] Programming in Common Lisp

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 13 15:03:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich> That's interesting, Russell. Following the link to no-cost UNIX
Rich> implementations and clisp from Germany brings me to a ftp server
Rich> directory.  In the binary subdirectory I find the same rpm for
Rich> clisp-2.30 as I found on the GNU web page. Yet, they're supposed
Rich> to be different.

Rich>   T'wasn't the GNU Web page I found yesterday, it was the CLISP
Rich> home page.  Sigh. I'm back on the rails now.

GNU CLISP <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/> and the german CLISP
ought to be the same thing, just different distribution points.  There
is a CLISP sourceforge site too.  GNU Common Lisp, or "gcl" can be
found at <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/>.

Just to clarify, CLISP is a proper name, and not used here as a
contraction of Common Lisp, i.e.: GNU CLISP is not equal to GNU Common
Lisp (GCL).  I don't know if that is the source of your confusion, but
it certainly a possible one.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more