[PLUG] [New to list] Please help - no fonts in Gnome apps on RedHat 8

Andrew Heil eco2geek at attbi.com
Sun Feb 16 16:12:02 UTC 2003

Hello,

I recently upgraded from RedHat 7.3 to 8.0 (Psyche). Now there's no text
being displayed in Gnome apps and utilities, just GUI widgets - icons,
buttons, (blank) tooltips, and windows, but no text. KDE works fine. I
tried running Gnome instead of KDE once to see if that would fix it, but
it didn't help.

Needless to say, this is a bit disconcerting, since RedHat is
Gnome-centric and several basic configuration apps are Gnome ones.

One thing I was trying before upgrading - actually, my reason for
upgrading - was trying to get the latest version of the Pan newsreader
to run. It was an utter train wreck under RedHat 7.3 using RPMs, and
compiling from source was also unsuccessful for both GTK+ and Pan. So my
intuition tells me I'm having some sort of GTK+ problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks -
- Andrew Heil