[PLUG] Lindows Mobile PC

Robby Russell robby at planetargon.com
Thu Feb 20 09:54:02 UTC 2003

<?echo Preston Crawford managed to take the time to type out the following:

> All I know is that I don't like the Lindows distro, because you have to
> pay to download free software. Plus I think Michael Robertson is a smarmy,
> no-talent leach that latches on to a trend and tries to suck it dry. He's
> total 100% hyperbolic marketing. I mean, look at that page. He actually
> has the gall to compare a laptop to a PDA. He's a moron.

He's comparing it to a PDA, because a PDA isn't that much cheaper than
this machine.

He might be a moron, but he's always getting a lot of attention from the
general public and advocating linux. If Lindows develops an easy way to
bridge linux and windows together for the general public that isn't ready
to use open office yet, all the more power to them.

To be fair, I haven't tried LindowsOS yet, but I'd like to take a look at
it someday just to see how easy it is to install Windows s/w on it. If I
could install all the windows apps that my mom needs for her business on
lindows, I'd seriously consider moving her from her windows environment.

LindowsOS might not be for me, but it might be good for someone else who
is ready to leave windows.