[PLUG] Certifications

Terry Layne plug at laynesoftware.com
Thu Feb 20 16:47:02 UTC 2003

On 20 Feb 2003 16:40:38 -0800, Brian Beattie wrote
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 15:32, Timothy Grant wrote:
> > Having "first RHCE in Oregon" on my resume didn't hurt any last time I went
> > job hunting.
>
> Yes, but did it help :) and that is not an apelation that many can
> hold, would having the 401st RHCE on my resume help, enough to be
> worth the time energy and expense, or is this mainly a way to
> support Red Hat.

I think the best thing to have on your resume right now is either
"Willing to relocate" or an address outside of the Great Northwest.
Of course, that's just based on my own limited sample taken over the
last 18 months.  YMMV.

--
Terry Layne
Portland, OR