[PLUG] What happens when...

Kirk Goins kgoins at aracnet.com
Fri Feb 21 06:51:03 UTC 2003

#1 If I boot my original CDs and re-install, do I loose all my cfg setting or
just end up replacing executables and the like?

#2 Let's say I have this system that can't complete booting because it gets to
the point of wanting to mount /proc and it can't find the mount cmd. I can boot
from CD, go to rescue, mount the partitions under /mnt and see the data. Can I
install a new drive, install Linux on it, plug in the old drive as physical
drive #2 and be able to recover files and such from it?

Thanks