[PLUG] VPN Suggestions?

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Fri Feb 21 23:27:02 UTC 2003

You might try using cygwin on your windoze machine.
Then you can port forward using ssh just great.  You should be able to make
VNC secure this way if you wanted to also.

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 9:11 am, AthlonRob wrote:
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 08:32, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Terry Layne wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with ssh when you just need a shell and vnc when you
> > want a desktop?  The Windows VNC viewer works well enough.  You'd
> > just need to open 22 and 580n, 590n, on your firewall (assuming you
> > start vnc with vncserver :n.)
>
> If you use TightVNC, you don't need to open anything but 22. See the
> -via switch :-)

Hey, that's pretty neat, I hadn't seen that before.

Unfortunately, though, the option doesn't seem to be availble in the
Windoze version.

*sigh*

I hate Windows.

Rob