[PLUG] Netscape vs Mozilla

Terry Layne plug at laynesoftware.com
Sat Feb 22 11:44:02 UTC 2003

On 22 Feb 2003 11:16:01 -0800, AthlonRob wrote
> On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 11:12, Terry Layne wrote:
> > I've been using Netscape 7.0 instead of Mozilla because of plugin support.
>
> I assume you're talking GCC 2.95 vs GCC 3.2 plugin problems...

Actually, I was referring to the fact that I've got a bunch of plugins
working with Netscape and none of them working with Mozilla.  I haven't
taken the time to fiddle with Mozilla to figure out what the problem is.
Basically, I do about:plugins in Mozilla and see nothing.

> If you're using an up-to-date Moz version (1.2 or up) all the plugins
> except for Java work great.  For Java, you should be able to find a
> script to rebuild java with GCC 3.2 that'll fix the java plugin
> problems.

That's good to know.  When I get bored with everything else I'm working
on I'll see if I can get Mozilla tuned up.  I'm running Slackware-current
on my laptop, so I've got all kinds of bleeding-edge versions of things
that might cause problems.

--
Terry Layne
Portland, OR