[PLUG] W2K or XP for dual-boot system?

Eric House fixin at peak.org
Mon Feb 24 09:01:01 UTC 2003

I'm in the market for a new desktop machine.  It'll run Debian 90% of
the time, but I do handheld software for fun and will need to run
windows occasionally to use the compilers for WinCE.  So it'll be a
dual-boot system.

I seem to have a choice between machines with W2K and XP installed,
and so am wondering if I should care.  My work-issued laptop
dual-boots with W2K and seems fine (and runs all the apps I need).  XP
is newer, and presumably will be current longer; but I worry about its
reputation as spyware and whether it'll be a good citizen on a
dual-boot disk.

Any suggestions or experience to share?  Any good articles on the
subject?

Thanks,

--Eric House