[PLUG] Image conversion & OCR

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 18:43:02 UTC 2003

--- Michael Luevane <mikel at quantecllc.com> wrote:
> If you go the Windows route, check out IRFanView -
> http://www.irfanview.com.
> Nice.

I scanned the original document at 150 dpi and 24-bit
color depth, since my scanner will not work in black
or gray modes with SANE. The quality of the type used
by the writer was high but not superb.

I used Irfanview under WINE to reduce the color depth
to 1 bit. I then used a Windows OCR program under WINE
to obtain the results below (!!!). If you type like I
do, OCR is still worth doing this way.

COORDINATION, BALANCE, RHYTHM, TIMING.
Most movement activities involve coordination, balance
rhythm and timing. Our visual process directs the
movements of our action system Our action system
carries and moves our visual process. Improving either
ability, the visual process or
the action system, aids the other.

A five by seven developmental trampoline, used as a
tool, not as a toy, is necessary in developing these
abilities. There are routines and procedures to
develop these abilities and rapidly at ayoungage.

Developmental Vision is involved and concerned with
the total being.

CONCLUSION:
Why has the public not heard about Developmental
Vision ? There are factions who have great influence
on daily newspaper editors. When working with children
having learning problems is written about it usually
is, "There is no scientific proof for it." Nonsense !
The scientific evidence is all around us, but there is
a requirement: one must learn how to sec it.

For many years, Developmental Vision bas been
presented to administrators in education at county,
state and national levels without success. No
difficult to understand. It does require more than
surface logic and it is not a memory course. It
demands abstract thinking,

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."