[PLUG] A magazine cover to hang on your wall

Dan Haskell danh at fork.com
Wed Feb 26 12:50:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I suspect that the folks at Red Hat, S.u.S.E., Mandrake, Slackware, etc.,
> plus many of us here, would take umbrage at the appelation "ragtag". I don't
> always wear a suit and tie when I'm sitting in front of the workstation and
> not visiting clients or bureaucrats, but I don't think of my self as
> "ragtag".

I think in this context "ragtag" means an odd collection - not an
indication of poverty or poor dress. Unfortunately, I can't find a
dictionary to support me on that. It's also a StarWars reference.

>   Otherwise, I'm in full support of swatting that 4-color butterfly. I
> think the imagery is appropriate, too: the ephemeral nature of
> Microsoft, even if it does take 25 years.

You know, prior to seeing that image I had never realized that the MSN
logo was a bug! How very appropriate! :):):)

Dan