[PLUG] Random segmentation faults --> Software,hardware???

Alex Daniloff alex at daniloff.com
Thu Feb 27 08:35:02 UTC 2003

Hello Linux folkz,
I've noticed random seg fault problem when
I compiled some applications from its sources.
Sometimes the same application compiled without problems.
Sometimes it exits with seg fault error.
Sometimes when I'm changing directories with cd and looking files with
less.
I'm getting random segmentation fault error as well.
Could somebody please point me what could be source of this problem?
Filesystem? I'm using ReiserFS.
Hardware, memory, hard drives?
This computer built on Tyan Tiger S2460 mobo with 3GB SDRAM and dual
Athlom MP 1500+ CPU's.
Recently I've changed failed IBM Deskstar 40Gb on the same but newer
edition.
Or something else?
Many thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas.

Alex