[PLUG] PDX/K12LTSP in the news (yet again)

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Fri Feb 28 13:28:02 UTC 2003

Terry Griffin wrote:
> About 3/4 the way down the page:
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2003-02-26-desktop_x.htm

Dave Poirier and I talked to to the article's author for 20 minutes a
couple weeks back about the K12LTSP lab we put in over the winter holiday.

Our middle school students are rapidly getting proficient w/ OpenOffice,
Mozilla, et al.

Being able to reuse stacks of donated Pentiums as terminals has been
great. Our other schools are interested in deploying K12LTSP labs also.
A big thanks to Eric and Paul for all of their hard work.

-Dan Young
-Parkrose School District