[PLUG] computer parts stores?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Thu Jan 2 06:55:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Russell Evans wrote:

> ComputerBits is a kind of local, I think they also distribute in
> Phoenix Az, computer magazine.

Computer Bits is locally owned and based in Forest Grove, OR.

In 1998, former owner Paul Harwood attempted to publish a Phoenix
edition. It folded after we published about 10 issues. Personally, I
think it could have succeeded had Paul made different choices
concerning the sales staff down there. C'est la vie.

Prior to that, back in 1995/6, he published an edition just for the
mid-Willamette Valley (roughly Salem down to Eugene), but there was no
real base of advertiser support, so it folded after just a few months.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>