[PLUG] Automating updates

Matt King plug at magnetinternet.com
Thu Jan 2 15:22:03 UTC 2003

I think it's a great idea to keep your system up to date...but what if an
RPM breaks something critical in your system and you didn't know it until
it's already installed?  One bad thing about automated updates without
user intervention.
As for your question why don't you do an rsync, and do the -F option that
only upgrades RPMs earlier than the version you're trying to install...

--
Matt King
magnet | internet

Scott VanHoosen busted out the keyboard and typed: