[PLUG] How to set base I/O on old modem?

Richard Seymour paynoattention at anarchysoftware.com
Thu Jan 2 17:53:03 UTC 2003

Tyler F. Creelan wrote:

> There is also a table of this form, it is not situated near the jumpers:
>
> COM	IRQ	ON
> 1	4	1,2,5
> 2	3	2,4
> 3	4	1,5
> 3	5	1,6
> 4	3	4
> 4	2	3

Here's a handy little chart to help you figure out base I/O ports from
the standard DOS COM designations:

DOS name Linux name IRQ IO Address
COM1:  ttyS0  4  0x3F8
COM2:  ttyS1  3  0x2F8
COM3:  ttyS2  4  0x3E8
COM4:  ttyS3  3  0x2E8

COM3: (ttyS2) on IRQ 5 is nonstandard, so I wouldn't jumper it that way,
as is COM4: (ttyS3) on IRQ 2.

--
Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my
beautiful wickedness?