[PLUG] Screen Resolution problem with CYCAS

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Thu Jan 2 21:33:03 UTC 2003

Cycas is a CAD program from Germany (http://www.cycas.de) which is
available as a free download for non-commercial use. Since I'm very
non-commercial at the moment, and I need to do some drawings for a
building, I decided to give it a try. They have an RPM that loaded just
fine in RH 8, but when I run it, I can't see the right hand side of
their window, or the bottom edge. On the right, I get the minimize
button and half of the restore button, but no close button. I'm not sure
how much of the bottom I'm missing, but I know from reading their
documentation that there are a number of controls down there that I
can't get along without.

Does this sound like a program design problem, where the window size was
fixed, or is there something I don't know about the control of window
size in Gnome? I can't grab the top and pull it down, and if I do happen
to click on the restore button, the window maximizes and I can't get at
the buttons or the title bar at all!

I've sent them an e-mail, and hope to hear from them tomorrow. In the
meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://rsteff.home.attbi.com/