[PLUG] page fault in nonpaged area

Jim Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Fri Jan 3 21:03:02 UTC 2003

Hey guys,

I hesitate to ask this question since it concerns a box I built for
somebody December 2001.  They wanted windoze XP installed as their os.
Not linux like I use, but they paid for the box and chose the os.  Don't
flame me please.  They've been having problems where the pc is
continuously rebooting and will bootup almost to the desktop and
reboot.

I tried to reinstall windoze for them again because it appeared that the
bootup file was corrupted as well as many other files.

My questions are this, which apply to most pc's, no matter what the os
is and I've learned a lot from you concerning pc's and linux over the
past year.
1. I saw a message that stated 'page fault in nonpaged area'.  Would
this be bad memory?
2. Should the fan on geforce video cards run all the time?  I've checked
several of my boxes here at home and they aren't running all the time.
3. What temperature should an athlon xp 1600+ CPU operate at?

TIA,

Jim Webb