[PLUG] Need AT speakers

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jan 7 03:17:01 UTC 2003

On 7 Jan 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:
> We do not have a speaker for this month, or any month for that matter.
> I have suggested a macro writer for openoffice.
>
> Some other possibilities:
>
> GNOME2 what does it offer?
> KDE3    ""
> X 4.3   ""
> CD recording/copying/ripping
> spamassassin and its friends.
> amavis.
> DVD recording
>
> So if you have any experience and can stand up for 45 minutes or so,
> please volunteer to lead a talk.  The last one was great, most of the
> talking came from the crowd, not the speaker.

I liked your [Zot's] ideas for two round-tables/debates (on different
nights, of course):
Software licenses: practicality, philosophy, and morality
Distribution of choice:  Why I do things the way I do.

I'll volunteer to take the FSF/GNU hardline on the former and the LFS
(Linux From Scratch) position on the latter (I'd also do Debian in a
pinch, but I'm not heavy into Debian development or anything, but I have a
fair idea of what's real and what's bullshit and maintain several Debian
systems).

I think both of those could make for a fun night.
J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net