[PLUG] I vote Karl's site must go, and now. For a simple reason.

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jan 7 03:24:04 UTC 2003

Zot> I not going to argue the merits of Emacs vs. vi vs pico
Zot> vs. notepad.

Zot> But once a site requires, fucking requires an a particular editor
Zot> it has no freedom, no choice, and no business being on a Linux
Zot> site.

Relax.  Look at the CVS viewer, e.g. at:

  <http://cvs.pdxlinux.org/viewcvs.cgi/website/_._NEW_DOCUMENT_TEMPLATE.html?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

and this is what you'll see:

   <!DOCTYPE div PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

   <%method BROWSER_TITLE>
   __DEFAULT__BROWSER_TITLE__
   </%method>
   <%method TITLE>
   Portland Linux / Unix Group (PLUG)
   </%method>
   <%method last_updated>
   <!-- Created: Sun Jul 21 21:33:22 PDT 2002 -->
   <!-- hhmts start -->
   Last modified: Mon Jan  6 13:49:07 PST 2003
   <!-- hhmts end -->
   </%method>
   %# Local variables:
   %# mode: xml
   %# mmm-classes: (mason embedded-css embedded-javascript)
   %# sgml-omittag:t
   %# sgml-shorttag:t
   %# sgml-namecase-general:t
   %# sgml-general-insert-case:lower
   %# sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
   %# sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
   %# sgml-indent-step:1
   %# sgml-indent-data:t
   %# sgml-parent-document:nil
   %# sgml-exposed-tags:nil
   %# sgml-local-catalogs:("/etc/sgml/catalog")
   %# sgml-local-ecat-files:("ECAT" "~/sgml/ECAT" "/usr/lib/sgml/ECAT" "/usr/local/lib/sgml/ECAT")
   %# End:

Looks more-or-less like text to me.

If you are suffering Emacs-phobia, you can ignore the "%# ..." stuff,
I think.  Those are comments wrapping emacs local variables for the
file.  Emacs magic.

See the "faq.html" for something with some existing content.

  <http://cvs.pdxlinux.org/viewcvs.cgi/website/faq.html?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

None of this message should be construed as taking a position who
should be doing what, when, where or with what vegetable.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more