[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-WEB] Enough.... Let's Focus on the Issue

Steven Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Tue Jan 7 18:11:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 01:36 pm, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Russell Evans wrote:

> You can't be effective as a rogue if others can easily undo your work.
>
> J.

And others will be forever undoing his destructive behavior.

Short story - I'll be brief.  I've been a member for 2 weeks and I thought
that I was joining a Linux/Unix group. This looks like I mistakenly ended up
in concentration camp ruled by Steven "I Know What's Best" Balmer. By reading
the web site I get the feeling that this is a Debian only group and has more
to do with picking a fight than the promotion of an open source forum for
learning and teaching. By reading this list thread I wonder if I need to
apply for my Debian/emacs bigot certification just to remain a member. Is
this how the group wants to be seen by the community and new members -
because that's the signal we're sending?

I don't wish anyone ill but putting the site back to normal only treats a
symptom, I suggest the better approach would be to cure the disease.