[PLUG] Need AT speakers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 7 19:59:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Felix Lee wrote:

> the short answer: add microsoft's fonts to your fontpath, and make sure
> they come before abiword's ugly imitation fonts.  the longer answer is
> here:
>     http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/FDU/truetype.html

  Excellent, Felix. Thanks!

  FWIW, if you don't mind paying real money for quality stuff, Bitstream
probably still sells their 500 font cdrom for a very reasonable price. It
includes all the fonts in both Type1 and TrueType encoding so you can have
the same fonts available regardless of the encoding needed by a particular
application.

  I bought the cdrom about 8-9 years ago so I won't venture a guess as to
the current price.

  Now, if there was a simplified way of getting Type1 fonts into LaTeX ...
sigh. fontinst is not what I categorize as "simple". I'm still only about
70% through it.