[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-WEB] Enough.... Let's Focus on the Issue

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jan 7 23:25:04 UTC 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> There are those of us who use other distro's are quite happy doing so,
> and don't need to make a big deal out of it.
>
> Not because ours is better or their's worse, but because "it just
> works(tm)".

So it's enough to you that your stuff "just works" and you don't care if
it's better or worse than anything else?

I've got to ask, were you a C student by choice?

> I too think that what Karl did was out of line, and he deserves to
> have the privledge removed.

I think the above statement is wrong for at least five reasons, but I'm
not going to get into that right now.  (Feel free to ask, though.)

> I have physical access to the corporate servers at work. They run
> Windows. If I came in one weekend, and replaced them with Linux, I'd
> expect to get fired on Monday. Even if I replaced them with something
> "better", "more stable" and with "less TCO", I'd be out of line and in
> the unemployment line/sig.

That's because you work in a totalitarian regime.  Your bosses have
absolute authority and your will is only considered as much as it improves
their personal positions.

I don't think any rational comparison can be made between PLUG and a
private commercial enterprise.

> Karl has abused a trust.

That is the BEST statement of what has happened that I've read so far!

Karl was trusted to do some things on behalf of PLUG and he has abused our
trust and done things that are contrary to the will of some of us.

Bravo.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin