[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-WEB] Enough.... Let's Focus on the Issue

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Tue Jan 7 23:52:02 UTC 2003

I should point out that pdxlinux.org is running on one
DNS server. If it fails, everything is down. Whatever
you decide, it should include plans for another DNS
server for the domain.

My server was acting as a secondary for pdxlinux.org for
a while but was removed when I declined to upgrade to
BIND 9. I run Tinydns, which I think is more secure and
inter-operates with BIND.

I think it's more important to have a secondary name server
than to turn off your secondaries because you don't like
the software they're running. But that's just the way I think.

--
Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>
ALC