[PLUG] PLUG web thread

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Wed Jan 8 01:43:02 UTC 2003

The thread about the PLUG web site has grown on this list, and I have
not been following it at all.  I've been defending myself in the
"plug-web" list (see http://lists.pdxlinux.org/lurker/) and trying to
get the web team back on-topic again.  I cannot defend myself on two
fronts, though I shall have to try as my professional reputation may be
at stake here.  I'm being libelled left and right.

The people who suggested moving the server to another domain or box are
in my opinion arrogant and rude individuals who should not be taken very
seriously by the more businesslike and professional amoung us.

Jeme is probably mentally ill.  He sees nazi's everywhere or something.

Everyone please look at the site, and, if you want to help out:

 * test in several browsers, report to the "plug-web" list your
findings, after checking (lurker) for already reported...

 * Try the trouble ticket system if you have a feature request or
problem report.  Please don't post "test bugs" anymore... Let's get to
the real business of doing this web site right.

 * Review the markup via CVS as well.  Please compare the code in the
"oldsite" module to that in the "website" module.  What do you
experience web developers see there?  Please tell the list, as we are in
need of informed opinion here.  There's been enough ranting and raving
for one week.

 * Does anyone have any articles you would like published?  Submit them
to plug-web for approval and they will be!

 * Any feature requests?  Post a trouble ticket please!

 * Got "not invented here"?  Learn to overcome it.