[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-WEB] organization.html

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Wed Jan 8 02:32:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 06:14, David Fleck wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 22:14, David Fleck wrote:
> > > Seriously, why is ANY of the information on /resources/organization.html
> > > there?  It is not even faintly relevant to PLUG.
>
> > Not to PLUG as you know it, perhaps.
>
> So now it's the Karl Revolution, eh?  Jeme has been circumspect about this
> so far, but I won't be: you are a childish megalomaniac, and I think
> it's clear that it would be in the best interests of PLUG to remove you
> from any situation where you can exercise control over others.

"childish"?  "megalomaniac"?  Who are you trying to be?  "the best
interests of PLUG"... are not served by fools who wish to cast out all
authority, dude.  Is divide and concor your motto?  Are you anti
organization?

> Actual USERS of the site - those who browse to it for information - find a
> bunch of broken links and "Something needs to be written here".  Actual
> USERS of the site don't give a damn about HTML::Mason.

That is not true, and has not been for more than 24 hours.  When it says
that "something needs to be written here", it means "on the website",
not "in the list".  Get it?  Want it fixed?  Fix it.  Show us the code,
dude.  Submit it to plug-web for review.

> The point of the
> site, I thought, was to provide to users information about PLUG, not to
> demonstrate the web skills of Karl.

That's what it does, on both counts.

>   (Gee, when I browse to the site in
> Lynx, at the *very first line on the page*, is a link to Karl's resume!
> How convenient!)
2
If you found a link to my resume at the top of a page, you have browsed
to http://people.pdxlinux.org/~karlheg somehow.  Did your browser just
take you there on it's own?  Or did you click there?  What browser if it
did, please?  There's a "link" element at the top leading to the
author's page... (I imagine it supports more than one, if not, we'll
make a "credits" page soon.)

> In effect, you vandalized the website.  You can't even see that, can you?

Nobody's buying this line, dude.  Nobody else replied, did you notice?