[PLUG] PLUG web thread

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jan 8 02:32:09 UTC 2003

On 8 Jan 2003, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> The people who suggested moving the server to another domain or box
> are in my opinion arrogant and rude individuals who should not be
> taken very seriously by the more businesslike and professional amoung
> us.

This isn't a business, Karl.  This is a club where people get together and
share and generally interact socially.

And, by the way, it's "arrogant and rude" to suggest a democratic forum
where openness prevails and steps are made to avoid the consolidation of
power in too few hands.

> Jeme is probably mentally ill.  He sees nazi's everywhere or something.

Right.  That's why we have the gulag.  This is where we throw people who
question the authority of Karl.

Is it really true that mental illness is the most probable explanation for
my behavior?  Even if I'm totally wrong and way off-base, isn't it much
more likely that I'm just, say, MISTAKEN or CONFUSED than "mentally ill"?

Really, I think your method says more about yourself than me.

> Everyone please look at the site, and, if you want to help out:

Note that "helping out" means submitting your ideas to Karl for approval.

You can do an anonymous CVS checkout of Karl's code and "review" it and
submit patches to Karl for consideration.  He maintains complete,
autocratic control of the CVS checkin process and the export of data to
the live website.  He will brook no question of that divine right.  In
fact, if you question it, he'll suggest you leave PLUG and form your own
group.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin