[PLUG] OT: comparative noise levels

David Fleck dcf at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 8 07:22:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, AthlonRob wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-24 at 10:28, David Fleck wrote:
> > So- any recommendations for quiet fans / power supplies / drives (or ways
> > to muffle existing ones - I'd like to be able to leave the Sparc turned on
> > without getting evil looks from the spouse).
> Watercooling!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information - I think
I've got some good ideas now on how to go about this (sorry, Rob, I
realized that I'm just not comfortable with the idea of running water
inside my PC...  maybe someday).

Pacific Solutions carries a number of the Zalman cooling fans, btw.  But I
think I really need the bitchin' video card heatpipe
(http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/videoheatpipe.html).

--
David Fleck
dcf at aracnet.com