[PLUG] The Issues With This List

Matt King plug at magnetinternet.com
Wed Jan 8 09:44:02 UTC 2003

Can you believe this soap opera that's going on with this?

I know this is supposed to be an open group that allows anyone that wants
to participate to be able to join, but we have to draw the line when
certain people do more flaming, arguing, slandering and bitching than
contributing in a constructive manner.

There is no where (that I have seen) that says the group can't ban people
from participating for behaving in a destructive manner.  I believe there
are people that are being a lot more destructive than helpful.

There are options that I see that would resolve this.

1.  Move the server out of control of the current admin
Either by restricting (or removing) access to the server, or by just
deeming another server to be the PLUG server altogether.

2.  Create a separate User Group
People who are not happy with this list and/or group can start their own
user group.  They can organize their own separate meetings, web site,
mailing list, etc.

3.  Do not participate in the list/group
People who are not happy with this list and/or group can participate in
another User Group that already exists

This is just silly.

--
Matt King