[PLUG] CUPS and printing to a remote server

Phil Tomson ptkwt at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 8 22:36:02 UTC 2003

I've got a print-server machine running lprng.  My laptop is setup with
CUPS and sends jobs to the print-server machine without problem... but I
recently loaded Mandrake 9 on my wife's box and setup CUPS on that machine
to also sent printjobs to the print-server, but it doesn't work.  I've got
CUPS configured identially as it is on the laptop which can print, but
nothing.  It seems like the jobs aren't making it to the printserver.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Phil