[PLUG] Update

Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Fri Jan 10 09:20:02 UTC 2003

All,

I have the screenshot section done (always looking for more, of course).
I like having local blood instead of just pulling images down from the
Internet because it shows how strong Linux really is locally. Besides, I
think yours are higher quality anyway.

Also, I haven't had the chance to make changes to the training modules
on MWVLUG's web sight yet but I am working on it. I got a lot of
feedback ranging from "the backgrounds are too dark" to "wouldn't it be
great if you color coded _each_ part of the command to help new users
read the parts and work out what the commands do?" These are just two
among many others.

I expect to have this finished by sometime mid next week.

I have been really busy these past couple of weeks and am very
encouraged by what I have heard by the greater community about Linux use
for their business and personal needs.

I'll keep you posted.

Finally, on a semi-related note, Meryll Lynch spilled the beans on their
use of Linux this morning. It's seems now that cutting costs is a
"really hip thing to do these days" and these guys are returning value
to their shareholders in spades! They've been kind of hinting at this
but they absolutely went all out here:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/idg2.nsf/All/8B7B358A7CE4E895CA256CA8007584D3!OpenDocument&n=Sections&c=Open+Systems

Very Truly Yours,

Cooper Stevenson