[PLUG] Re: [PLUG-WEB] [PLUG Website 0000018]: DNS configuration is not up to par

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Fri Jan 10 16:50:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:22:53PM -0800, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> > I can volunteer secondary DNS.  I have a server on the end of a 10Mb
> > pipe running tinydns (Infow datacenter).
>
> The irony is getting thick. PLUG's secondary server WAS running
> Tinydns before it was removed as a secondary because it was not
> running BIND9. This list is great for its entertainment value if
> nothing else.

Oh, ok.  Hmm.. I don't see why that would be a problem.  I have a
corporate setup where the external DNS server was tinydns and axfrdns
with ACL's to allow Sprint secondaries to pull zone files.  Worked like
a charm.

Even the Windows admins could modify the data file after I gave them a
quick training session.

--
I'm just a packet pusher.