[PLUG] Leaving you out in the cold...

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Fri Jan 10 19:45:02 UTC 2003

If the new admin has any questions or concerns re the present
configuration on the "drizzle.pdxlinux.org" server, per may write to
"karlheg at hegbloom.net", and I'll assist.

I won't leave you out in the cold.  There are no booby traps and nothing
has been deconfigured.  I'm not a jealous kook with a revenge fetish.

There are a few packages on "hold" (please use the "aptitude" package
manaement interace to maintain this) (and I don't want to hear it, Jeme,
so just put a fingernail in it.) that should remain so... they are local
builds or needed to support the present kernel.

Actually, the kernel should be rebuilt, to support newest EVMS tools...
I goofed and they mismatch right now, but it still works fine provided
you don't try to add a new volume or anything.  To do that, you'll need
to boot on a rebuilt kernel with support for the latest EVMS to match
the EVMS toolset.  It's not a difficult process, let me know if you
require assitance.  I'll walk you through it in a shared "screen"
session (no root access required; just group "src", IIRC.)

The kernel for that box needs to be patched or it won't boot there!
Please take a good look at what patches are applied to it to support the
volume manager and filesystems in use.  The patche packages are all
installed, and kept current.  Let me know via direct mail if you require
assistance or advice.