[PLUG] Help!!! PC won't boot to flash bios

Jim Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Fri Jan 10 19:59:01 UTC 2003

Cooper,

Thanks for the help.  Since I sent out my urgent appeal to the list,
I've pulled the cmos battery and applied the default bios settings and
then saved the changes.  I then attempted multiple times to stop the pc
from booting up past the memory screen and was able to access an asus
utility called ezflash.  I then was able to to reflash the bios to the
original version.

What an adrenalin rush.

Do you think that I should reflash the bios piecemeal or stepwise from
version 11 to 15 and stop whenever it works and I can get my pc to both
recognize the cpu correctly, which it did after I flashed the bios to
version 15, and then be able to bootup?

TIA,

Jim