[PLUG] Shutdown won't power down

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Fri Jan 10 20:25:02 UTC 2003

I didn't care for the way "apcupsd" worked in some ways and so I'm using
the "backupsd" monitoring daemon from the Linux UPS-HOWTO. It also has
the ability to do a "killpower" to the UPS although the one in the
documentation didn't work properly without some changes so I maintain
my own version of the daemon locally now.

I also had a a couple of BSD systems that I tried to use "apcupsd" on
and was also displeased with it and so I ported my "backupsd" to BSD
with some changes to take into account the differences between Linux's
System V style init setup and the BSD-style of init. I was amazed how
much of the coded ported right over to BSD though.

Tony